Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Polished Wednesdays: How to Wear Your Holiday Dress Year Round

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Polished Wednesdays: How to Wear Your Holiday Dress Year Round






I recently posted a few sequin pieces I have my eye on, over at RedefinedMom.com.  I fell in love with this Starlit Stripe dress from Anthropologie when I tried it on at the November birthday bash I was invited to (even though my birthday is NOT is November?)  Fellow blogger and friend Meg said it was a "Carrie moment."  Whatever it was, I loved it, but the price tag (it's now on major sale!) was a little bit overwhelming (even with 15% off) for a dress that is memorably not-basic; I'm also not a fan of showing up to a party in the same dress as everyone else (ready-to-wear problems, sigh.)  And that is my inspiration for getting the most out of this dress:





Dress: Starlit Stripes Dress from Anthropologie (now on major sale!)

Look 1, perfect for party #1:
Forever 21 Polka Dot Chiffon Button Down, but wish I had this Adele Polka-Dot washed silk blouse. J.Crew Venus Flytrap necklace
Anthropologie Tabbed Leather belt (comes in really great colors!)
Enzo Angiolini Black Patent Pumps - I love these Kate Spade Jive pumps, almost 50% off!

Look 2, perfect for party #2:
American Eagle Cable Knit sweater in mint (we should all have mint in our closets right now, but here are two alternitives: ASOS Crop Cable Sweater or this wool-blend cable sweater)

Look 3, perfect for a lunch date with the girls:
J.Crew Nolita Denim Jacket (this J.Crew Vintage Denim Jacket is a perfect substitute)

I want to hear from you now, so tell me about your favorite Holiday Dress!

3 Comments:

At December 11, 2013 at 3:46 PM , Anonymous Megan @ Fiterature said...

OMG no. No no no no no no. Wax museums creep me out. Like, big time.

 
At December 11, 2013 at 9:51 PM , Anonymous Julie Blanner said...

Love, love, love. I'd wear it all three ways!

 
At December 16, 2013 at 10:59 AM , Anonymous Babblingsofamommy said...

Great remix options! Love how you dressed it down with the denim jacket and sneakers.

Have a great week!

-Jenny
http://www.babblingsofamommy.com/2013/12/get-look-reese-witherspoon.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home