Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: S.W.A.P.

Friday, July 15, 2011

S.W.A.P.

A few weeks ago, a fellow blogger - Kenzi from The Cardi Queen - suggested we do a Blogger Style Swap. We decided to do Polyvore boards (gulp, I know I've tried to avoid these before, but this was fun.......)

Heidi from The Closet Coach asked for "more color, more accessories, more overall funkiness." I know she tends towards classics, so I took her 5 Levels of Working Moms Outfits and added color, a bit of funkiness, and still kept it classic. The true test will be if she actually incorporates any of this into her wardrobe in the coming months (for which I will take full credit, lol!)

First Level - Weekend Casual:

The Closet Coach: Level One - Weekend Casual


Featuring a classic necklace every girl should have - it can be fun, flirty and casual. I love these Puma sneakers, which are the perfect mix of not-quite-sneakers, not-quite-flats. I also traded in those well-worn jeans for a "well-worn" denim dress. Cool weather? A camo jacket adds the perfect touch of personality to the outfit!

Second Level - Weekend Chic:

The Closet Coach: Style Swap - Level Two, Weekend Chic


Color. That's what I love about this one. Let's forget the classic dark denim jeans - these wide leg trousers are universally flattering and are the perfect color to showcase your colors (which you are going to wear, right??) These pops of color are bright enough to be seen, but neutral enough that they aren't screaming. Bangles are the only accessory you need for this one!

Third Level - Casual Friday:

See Second Level! Think of all those co-workers you didn't run into while shopping at the mall! Everyone should see you looking this chic.

Fourth Level - Client Meeting:

Style Swap work


I thought this dress was perfect for Heidi - she tends towards classic pieces in neutral colors. Which is great - you know you will wear that dress for years to come. The fun part is accessorizing with bold(er) shoes, rose gold watches, funky necklaces - although the cowl neckline is almost enough to forgo a necklace. Belts are the perfect way to add a pop of color.

Fifth Level - Date Night:

date night


Let's assume that you had a late business meeting and were meeting The Mr. for a date right afterward (and had a love for art deco - which Heidi has.) Change the shoes (Christian Laboutins are sooooo worth the splurge in my opinion) add a fun headpiece, long pearls and a vintage clutch and I think The Mr. will appreciate what he sees (wink, wink.)

Let's see what Heidi will do with these ideas (or if she just thinks I'm crazy!)

6 Comments:

At July 15, 2011 at 3:33 PM , Anonymous Heidi/Closet Coach said...

Erin, thanks so much! This is awesome. I love that you incorporated the 5 Levels! You went above and beyond by creating 5 different looks for me.

I am especially love love loving that cowl neck dress and all of the shoes. I don't know if I can rock a pair of Louboutins that high, but maybe someday!

Now I have to go check out all of the Polyvore boards (and give my credit card a workout ;)

 
At July 15, 2011 at 4:10 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

I couldn't resist doing the 5 levels after reading it! I too like the dress......which is why I couldn't help but feature it twice!

 
At July 16, 2011 at 2:33 PM , Anonymous Terri said...

ooh, I like look #4.

 
At July 17, 2011 at 9:41 AM , Anonymous Erin said...

So do I! I think I have fallen in love with that dress and it's versatility.

 
At July 21, 2011 at 10:15 PM , Anonymous kenzi said...

I'm very, very late commenting back- but wow!! You did go above & beyond. I read your post the day of, and I must say I am still impressed. :)

I'm glad you liked your board, although after seeing this, you've put my measly ONE board to shame!!!

And as for your question, what is in the future for S.W.A.P? Hmmm I haven't thought too much about it until you asked. Seasonal maybe? I'm open to suggestions!!!

 
At July 21, 2011 at 11:20 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Well, once I found her 5 Levels, I knew it would make for the perfect personal touch! Seasonal sounds good, maybe something about incorporating one of the new trends from each season - fall fashion week will be here soon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home