Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: When I Say Maxi

Thursday, July 14, 2011

When I Say Maxi

Don't say pad.  Am I the only one who wishes we weren't calling them maxis?  I am?

It's hot.  Beyond hot.  I try to wear as little as possible.  I put a maxi dress on over my swimsuit the other day, took two steps and stepped back out of it.  I swear the visualization of me walking outside in that long skirt started to make me sweat!  Why am I telling you this?  It's just my way of justifying why today's Bloggers Do It Better is a recap of some of my favorite maxis (read: old photos, recycled.*)  I also want to point out that these photos were some of the very first posts on my blog.  I'd like to think I've come a long way since those first days.......




Aside from being named "maxi", I do love these skirts.  They are great for hiding pale legs, hairy legs, big bruises, cellulite, bags of candy, knives........and of course they are great when you don't have anything to hide either.  You know I was just kidding about the knives, right?  I've got maxis in sequins and silk, chiffon, satin, knit, more knits and cotton.  I love them.  Long live the maxi!  Although I wouldn't mind a name change :)

*click on the photos for more details and the post they originated from

18 Comments:

At July 15, 2011 at 1:14 AM , Anonymous Keren of Two Stylish Kays said...

I didn't own a maxi skirt until the #BDIB challenge. I prefer knee length skirt and mini-skirts because I love showing my legs. But the reasons you listed in your post are soo true. I do need to add a couple more to my wardrobe. I am really inspired by your sequin maxi...it's a show stopper.

 
At July 15, 2011 at 3:49 AM , Anonymous Danielle Grigsby said...

I love your shiny one. Ok, the striped one too!

 
At July 15, 2011 at 11:41 AM , Anonymous BajanBeauty said...

Love all three of your skirts, the striped on if my fave. Lol @ them being called maxi, never would have thought of that.

 
At July 15, 2011 at 1:27 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

If only our legs looked perfect 100% of the time, right? And you can fully expect to see me wearing that sequin skirt at the rip old age of 76.......I will love and cherish that skirt FOREVER!

 
At July 15, 2011 at 1:27 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Haha! Couldn't make up your mind? Neither could I!

 
At July 15, 2011 at 1:28 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

I've worn that striped one at least five times this past spring. I fully intend to wear it at least that much if not more in the fall!

 
At July 15, 2011 at 3:17 PM , Anonymous ModlyChic said...

Love the striped skirt especially. I need to click through to find your original post with it so I can see the whole thing. And the first one that sparkles - WOW! - Katy

 
At July 15, 2011 at 3:41 PM , Anonymous Frannie Pantz said...

I swear to God, I thought I was the only one on the planet who hated calling these maxis!!! Doesn't such a refined piece of clothing deserve a more dignified name? For real! I love the striped skirt the best!

 
At July 15, 2011 at 4:10 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Haha, is WOW! a good thing or a bad thing?

 
At July 15, 2011 at 4:11 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

So glad I am not the only one, lol! If I am going by poll alone, I think the stripe skirt is winning.....

 
At July 15, 2011 at 4:42 PM , Anonymous Jenn said...

Haha I totally agree about calling them maxis! I think that's the reason I don't own one. But they are cute and have many uses as you point out :) I really like the striped one.

 
At July 16, 2011 at 3:15 PM , Anonymous Terri said...

Oh, I like the photo of the striped maxi on the left and i can attest to how hot it is in our neck of the woods.

 
At July 16, 2011 at 3:18 PM , Anonymous meagan said...

Haha, I think that too everytime I say something about maxis. I still like them though!
-Meagan
http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

 
At July 17, 2011 at 9:36 AM , Anonymous Erin said...

Yes! I think the striped one is definitely my most favorite. Would it be wrong to wear it twice a week, lol?

 
At July 17, 2011 at 9:42 AM , Anonymous Erin said...

It is hot! The humidity is killing me - at least, it's killing my hair......

 
At July 17, 2011 at 9:43 AM , Anonymous Erin said...

Let's start a new trend - we could call them Maximums. Or Long Skirts. Haha.

 
At July 18, 2011 at 3:57 PM , Anonymous Jenn said...

Haha no way! I always want to wear my favorite clothes more than once in a week. :)

 
At July 20, 2011 at 11:51 AM , Anonymous Erin said...

Well, now that I have someone else's approval......:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home