Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: What I Wore: Madewell Event

Thursday, July 19, 2012

What I Wore: Madewell Event



Jacket: Hydraulic (similar here)
Top: George (yep, Wal-mart, similar here, here, and here)
Necklace: Forever21 (similar here, here or here)
Bracelets: Derng (similar here), Target, Thrifted (similar here), Banana Republic Factory
Skirt: LC by Lauren Conrad (similar here)
*This outfit was inspired by Bailey, the only young person I know who has a solid handle on her own personal style.......I was a hot mess at her age!

Congratulations to Megan and the Madewell staff on a successful event!

From top left: Taylor, Laura, Krystal, Katie, Maygan, Emily and Brigid.

I really do enjoy shopping with the Madewell team - they are so sweet and kind. 

Several of the local bloggers styled their own mannequins - and I loved every second of it (that's my mannequin in the blue pants - @_TripleP!) Shop the outft: Printed Boyshirt, Overdot TeeTypeset Trousers.


I interned as a visual merchandiser in High School (with the best mentor - Marilyn - whom I will never forget!) and I loved it.  Why did I stop?  I was tempted with a department manager position that sucked the love right out of retail!

All photos courtesy of Nicole at Nicole Clifford Photography.  You can see more photos of the event here (don't forget, if you "like" what you see......)

Labels: , , , , , ,

15 Comments:

At July 19, 2012 at 9:37 PM , Anonymous Terri said...

Dang, you're making me jealous. I would have loved to dress up a mannikin.

 
At July 24, 2012 at 9:38 AM , Anonymous Niki said...

This looks like such a fun event - I love Madewell and I LOVE your outfit!! I found you through the GFC Hop (and I'm glad I did)!

 
At July 24, 2012 at 10:04 AM , Anonymous Rachel Felson said...

stumbled across you from the blog hop, and so glad I did :) I love your blog!

Rachel
www.lalalists.com

 
At July 24, 2012 at 11:04 AM , Anonymous Melissa Enault said...

LOVE your necklace!! Thanks for linking up at the GFC Blog Hop today! Hope you have a great week!

 
At July 24, 2012 at 2:17 PM , Anonymous Jill Johnson said...

Looks like fun. I am a HUGE Madewell/J Crew fan!

I found you on the blog hop and am now following you. Hopefully you will do the same! :)

xo, jill

www.classywithakick.com

 
At July 24, 2012 at 2:25 PM , Anonymous Sammantha said...

Oh my goodness, love this post, wish I could do events like this!

www.dysfunctionaleverafter.com

 
At July 24, 2012 at 6:33 PM , Anonymous Nihchollvincent said...

is this heaven?? your accessories are amazing!

come say hello at nichollvincent.blogspot.com and have a fabulous week!

 
At July 24, 2012 at 10:14 PM , Anonymous Emily Brewer said...

I bet dressing up the manikins was a blast! Just started following through GFC Blog Hop
http://myinspiredlifewithfibromyalgia.blogspot.com/

 
At July 25, 2012 at 1:32 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Haha, nope. Not heaven, but definitely not hell either ;)

 
At July 25, 2012 at 1:32 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks, Melissa. I love linking up (when I can remember!)

 
At July 25, 2012 at 1:32 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Hello Rachel. Glad you like it :)

 
At July 25, 2012 at 1:33 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Hi Niki. Nice to meet you!

 
At July 25, 2012 at 1:33 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Why weren't you there??

 
At July 27, 2012 at 12:33 AM , Anonymous Mary Lindsey said...

Love all the mannequin looks. So adorable.

-Mary @ stylethatmoves.blogspot.com

 
At August 8, 2012 at 10:07 AM , Blogger krystal said...

Thank you so much for co-hosting, Erin! You gals were a blast! I hope you all had as much fun as we did! Can't wait to see you again:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home