Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: How To: Necklines

Monday, October 15, 2012

How To: Necklines

There are of course, a large variety of necklines, but I wanted to focus on three or four of the more common types for tops and t-shirts.



I myself prefer the boatneck, as it tends to make your neck look more slender.  Of course, I also have a small chest, so really any shirt works for me.  If you hate your collar bone, a jewel neckline works well to hid it, as can a boatneck.  Larger chest?  V-neck t-shirts can help keep your chest from ka-powing it in a t-shirt.  I usually prefer to wear my hair down when I wear a v-neck, or a more scooped jewel neck line (the polka dot shirt.)  I also prefer to not wear a jewel neckline (the orange tee) with a jacket or blazer, because it creates a disproportionate line that is not in harmony with the cut of the lapels - more on that tomorrow!

I can't end this post without mentioning turtlenecks, my second most favorite neckline - for hiding my neck and framing my face at the same time.

I also can't end this post without mentioning the importance of the right bra.  Bras should hold your ladies in the front and center - if you find them going in any other direction, your bra might not be giving you enough support.  Most stores have an associate available (and trained) in measuring you for your correct bra size.

And while we are on the topic of bras and breasts - don't forget to schedule that annual appointment with your doctor!  Early detection of breast cancer = 93% chance of survival (not the survival of your breasts, but the survival of your life.)



p.s. Don't forget to enter this week's awesome giveaway!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At October 15, 2012 at 12:28 PM , Anonymous Sandy said...

i think v necks are my fave!

xo,
Sandy
Sandy a la Mode

 
At October 15, 2012 at 2:52 PM , Anonymous versatilestylebytracey.com said...

I prefer v-necks which works better for a size c cup or bigger...

 
At October 16, 2012 at 6:53 PM , Anonymous Shea Sayers said...

Erin I have to tell you I've been loving these posts! You've been giving great advice too. I think all the necklines look great on you, but I LOVE that green striped boatneck top!

 
At October 17, 2012 at 4:35 PM , Anonymous Sheila said...

I love this series! And I have to admit that I cannot wear boatneck shirts. They look dreadful on me. V-necks however, are my best look according to my husband. And myself when I looked at various pictures of myself. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home