Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: How To: Wear Bracelets

Sunday, October 14, 2012

How To: Wear Bracelets

Let's talk bracelets.  Yesterday I mentioned that I like my jackets and sleeves to bare a little bit of wrist - it's my own version of modestly showing some skin, lol!  While I don't really have man-wrists, I also don't have petite delicate wrists.  J. Crew has some really fabulous (and hugely popular) wrist candy right now.  I am in love with this pave link beauty.  I want this bracelet to work so badly.....but it is terribly disproportionate to my wrist size.  Like unflattering hems on jackets (and muffin tops) this bracelet doesn't dwarf my wrist and make it seem tiny, but rather the opposite.  Here I am, trying to make it work:



I've since learned what will and what won't work.  It's tough - sometimes you fall in love with a trend, an idea, or thing of beauty - and you wage a war.  Do you wear it and love it even if it isn't flattering?  Or do you just. say. no.

Have you heard of the rule of three?  Most often used in interior decorating and phrases, information and objects that appear in threes tend to be more appealing/pleasing-to-the-eye, effective, and memorable than other numbers of objects and information.  That includes multiples - 6, 9, 12, etc......

How many bracelets does that mean you should wear?  I usually choose a statement bracelet and add three bangles:


This isn't to say that you can't wear more, or less.  Wear what makes you happy.  Hopefully you can find pieces that make you happy and compliment (and complete) your outfit, your skin tone and the proportions of your body!


What about you?  Do you set rules for your accessories?

p.s. don't forget to enter the fantastic giveaway going on this week!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home