Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Pointed vs. Rounded

Friday, October 5, 2012

Pointed vs. Rounded

Tired of hearing about shoes yet? Too bad. I'm just kidding (but seriously, this is the last of the shoe posts for this series, I promise.)

Today I make the case for the pointed toe (thank goodness they are back in full force!) flat. Actually, this is the case for the pointed toe shoe. Period.

The point of the toe elongates. The rounded bluntness of a round toebox does not. This sometimes doesn't matter; my sister has such skinny ankles and perfectly formed calves that nothing can make her look bad (although she's shorter, and the rounded toe doesn't help that.) I on the other hand don't have skinny ankles, and my genes are still trying to convince modern science that ankles and calves should be one body part, not two (I believe the latin term for this is cankles.)


Do you believe me now?  I swear I didn't photoshop my cankles in the middle photo!  I'd also like to take a second to point out what a difference the vamp (where the shoe cuts across the front of your foot) can make.  The leopard print shoes have a full-coverage vamp (no cleavage) and the rainy day flats - far right) lets just the slightest hint of toe cleavage show.  The sides of the rainy-day flat also dip down low enough that visually, they disappear (helping elongate the foot visually as well.)

Trends change, styles come and go. The pointed toe shoe, while maybe not always the style du jour, will never be out. No one will ever fault you for choosing flattering styles over trendy ones. Would you rather look trendy (and short, stumpy and sometimes wider) or look taller and thinner?

 

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At October 5, 2012 at 1:39 PM , Anonymous Niki Caron said...

Hahaha the latin term. :) Girl you do not have cankles! But I do see the difference between pointed and rounded toe! I love round toe flats but now I want to start wearing more pointed ones!

 
At October 6, 2012 at 7:26 PM , Anonymous Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Hello I am visiting via the Nester's 31 days series. Your series is so inspirational and leaves me with such great ideas.


I too am participating in the series. My topic is "Decor To Adore~ finding your style". I would like to invite you to stop by anytime.


Have a beautiful day and a wonderful fall season.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home