Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Moto Chic

Monday, July 18, 2011

Moto Chic

Again.  Truly.  But without the motorcycle.  Again.


Yes, I know half my body is missing.  This photo shoot was originally full of motorcycles, helmets and a few laughs.  Sadly, the photographs themselves were full of fuzz, poor lighting, awkward moments and other bizarre things.  So, if a picture is worth a thousand words and I've just cropped 2/3 of it..........

Jacket: Old Navy
Top: Thrifted
The Earrings That Didn't "Make The Cut - Literally": F21
The Bracelet That You Can't See: JCrew
The Ring That Was Cleverly Disguised By "Pocket Hands": Banana Republic
Pants: JCrew
Shoes: F21
Motorcycle At The Curb: Aurelia
Photographer: Aurelia
Babysitter: Jubal

This photo shoot was more of a lesson in photography, props, procrastination and its consequences more than anything else.  I think it needs a do-over (just like in the 3rd grade.)

On a positive note, these are by far my most favorite shoes.  I think I will actually mourn their loss when they have worn through (and the last time I wore a pair of shoes until they were worn out?  The 3rd grade.)

10 Comments:

At July 18, 2011 at 3:58 PM , Anonymous Ashlee said...

If it makes you feel better, your headless picture is still better than most of my outfit posts! Haha! I'm still learning the ropes! :)

thesouthernsummers.blogspot.com

 
At July 18, 2011 at 4:29 PM , Anonymous Terri said...

Well, this picture IS evocative. And the shoes ARE worth being the focus. I know I often experiment with my photos. On Wednesday, for the first time, I will do a post of doctored photos. It's good to experiment.

 
At July 18, 2011 at 5:33 PM , Anonymous VanC said...

Sounds like an awesome outfit. It is definitely good to experiment... I've done several of that, but they end up on the cutting room floor. Love yellow shoes! I pulled out my yellow sandals from two years ago and have been wearing them non-stop for weeks. Can't get enough. I should switch them out for another so they don't get worn out this summer.
Van // The Clothes We Wear
Wearing motherhood with style.

 
At July 19, 2011 at 10:36 PM , Anonymous Laynalou3 said...

With those pants you belong in Grease-- way to go, Rizzo!

 
At July 19, 2011 at 10:37 PM , Anonymous Laynalou3 said...

(And by that comment I mean to say, sexy biker pants Erin!)

 
At July 20, 2011 at 11:51 AM , Anonymous Erin said...

Haha! I don't know that it makes me feel better, but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one still learning!

 
At July 20, 2011 at 11:51 AM , Anonymous Erin said...

Terri - I saw your doctored photos, and I LOVE the colors!

 
At July 20, 2011 at 11:52 AM , Anonymous Erin said...

I've been wearing these shoes for the past two years....if you look closely enough, they look well-worn. Maybe too well-worn. But I love them too much to retire them!

 
At July 20, 2011 at 11:52 AM , Anonymous Erin said...

Haha!

 
At July 20, 2011 at 11:56 AM , Anonymous Erin said...

Haha! I WAS assuming you weren't referring to me as a "ridiculously mature looking senior in high school who likes to party and have a good time and might possibly be pregnant by her on-again, off-again high school boyfriend." Thanks for the confirmation, lol ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home