Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: A Long, Long Time Ago

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Long, Long Time Ago

I found these outfit photos from back in the early days of this blog.....well, earlier days.  I can't believe I forgot about them!  It was the first time I had tried styling my hair in the "Carrie Bradshaw" messy bun.  Anyway, most of the photos didn't turn out well (anyone else have a hard time looking good in white - especially in photographs?  Is there a secret I don't know about?)





Aside from the strands that I just. cannot. get. under. control., I think I did a pretty good job with the hairstyle.  At least I was proud of myself for trying something new (I have curly hair and I HATE backcombing it!  HATE. IT.) 

Headband: JCrew
Earrings: c/o The Mr. (has anyone else noticed my husband's go to gift is pearls.  He likes to play it safe, apparently.  I'm not bragging, really, I'm not.  I'm just saying a girl could use a new diamond (or any brilliant gemstone) every once in awhile, am I right??)
Top: F21
Necklace: c/o The Mr. twisted with Target
Bracelets: Vera Wang, F21
Belt: H&M
Skirt: Banana Republic
Shoes: George


Wait, did I really just use parentheses within parentheses?  I think my High School English Teacher is probably slowly dying......somewhere.  And why is there a singular for the word parentheses?  Has anyone ever come across a random ( ?  Except for, of course, the common :) which wasn't around when they first named the symbol?  Or was it?

8 Comments:

At July 20, 2011 at 8:42 AM , Anonymous RelatableStyle said...

Ah, the whites ^^ It's rare that people look good in stark white, most fare better with soft white or cream, so either with a tinge of grey or a tinge of yellow/gold... White is like black: Not for everybody, although a lot of people keep on insisting it is :-)

Relatable Style

 
At July 20, 2011 at 11:57 AM , Anonymous Erin said...

Those colors are so hard to find in the summertime! I will try harder to stop insisting ;)

 
At July 20, 2011 at 5:55 PM , Anonymous VanC said...

Great job on the Carrie Bradshaw bun. Love that look... waiting for my hair to get long enough to try it out. I like the idea of stark white, but don't think it's for me!
Van // The Clothes We Wear
Wearing motherhood with style.

 
At July 20, 2011 at 6:27 PM , Anonymous Ashlee said...

I am LOVING all the pearls going on in this outfit!
thesouthernsummers.blogspot.com

 
At July 21, 2011 at 12:41 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks! I was pretty impressed with myself (haha) because I have absolutely ZERO hairstyling abilities!

 
At July 21, 2011 at 12:42 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

As much as I'd love a few gemstones, pearls are by far my favorite (and soooo classic!)

 
At July 22, 2011 at 6:05 AM , Anonymous April said...

The bun does look great! And all those curls help give texture and character to the 'do...I think you can skip the backcombing ; )

 
At July 22, 2011 at 10:43 AM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks, April! The ONLY positive to humidity is the fact that my hair is already SO BIG, lol!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home