Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: In An Octopus's Garden

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

In An Octopus's Garden

After receiving some rather difficult news about my momB, The Mr and I decided we needed a night out on the town.  We met up with some friends at the (free) Summer Concert Series, which was yes, featuring the Beatles' cover band, Liverpool (can I get a woot! woot! for overusing commas in one sentence?)  It was the middle of summer, outdoors, sans kids.  I stood in my closet for a good 20 minutes trying to decide what would be the right thing to wear (think bugs, grass stains, dirt........)  I settled on something I didn't really like:


Meet the Mr and pardon our bluish tint.  And yes, I specifically didn't take a full shot of my outfit.

It has been a really long time since I last attended an outdoor concert of any Big Band variety (or should I say, denim variety?)  As I watched fellow concert goers walking around in various clothing, including white (yes, she had brown spots of something on her backside,) and Band t-shirts (lots of Beatles, one Beastie Boys.)  I turned to my friend and admitted that I was really out of the loop - how could I forget that you could wear the bands' t-shirt??

Fast forward one week, and while at Kohls, walking through a center aisle, this tee caught my eye:





Necklace: F21
Shirt: Kohls
Bracelet: F21
Belt: I cannot remember to save my life and I tore out the tag (like 4 years ago.)  sorry.
Skirt: H&M
Shoes: H&M
Chignon gone wrong: c/o.........me.

 I had to add this picture because my absolutely most favorite thing about this skirt is how it swings and sways!

Now you know what I would have worn, if I had actually owned it at the time.  Maybe next year.  On a side note, I have to give a shout out to my city.  They rock!  The taxes are high, but the benefits are worth it.  The End.

6 Comments:

At August 17, 2011 at 7:29 PM , Anonymous Terri said...

Oh, I love your swingy skirt and the tee and the necklace. We are close enough we could have gone to this concert...next time.

 
At August 17, 2011 at 9:28 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks! The concerts are so fun and laid back! Plus the fact that they are free, close to home and in the park.....we would even consider taking our children next time!

 
At August 18, 2011 at 11:07 AM , Anonymous No Guilt Fashion said...

Love the would have worn. The Beatles shirt with that skirt is fun and stylish. Love those sandals too by the way.

 
At August 18, 2011 at 11:46 AM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks! The sandals were under $10 and have been my "flip-flops" for the summer! That may be why they are starting to fall apart, lol!

 
At August 24, 2011 at 8:49 PM , Anonymous Jenn said...

I love free summer concerts! They're so much fun :) Cute outfit! I hope you're feeling better and that things are alright with your mom.

 
At August 25, 2011 at 8:16 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks......for caring AND the woot! woot! lol!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home