Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Rainy Days and More Vera Wang

Monday, August 1, 2011

Rainy Days and More Vera Wang

You might need your sunglasses for this post (and don't say I didn't warn you!)

Yes, I found another cheap Vera Wang dress (and by yes I mean YESSSSSS!)  At Kohls.  Which means even though the clearance price was $20.80, I still only paid $12.68 for it.  Because that's how I roll (and yes, I am fully aware that it is improper to start a sentence with a "because" if I don't have a main clause in the sentence but hey, that's how I.........roll.)


 You can remove your sunnies now.....

Like a true novice, I forgot to check my camera settings before handing the camera to The Mr. 

Oops. 

Unfortunately (or is it fortunate?) I really like how the print of the dress shows up in these overexposed photos, so I vetoed my better judgement and posted them anyway.  For some crazy reason, after I adjusted the settings, every. single. photo. was of me posing with my "sour-puss" face.  I'm going to patent that look.  Which will be really easy because no one else wants it, lol! 


Yes, my smile got lost somewhere in the humidity that day.  By the time I got back inside the house, an entire village could have set up shop in my hair, it was. that. bad.


My very demure, quiet, no-cops-called arm party.


Umbrella: Totes (via Target)
Necklaces: Vera Wang (via Kohls) and a gift from The Mr.
Dress: Vera Wang (via Kohls)
Bracelets: Vera Wang (via Kohls)
Shoes: Enzo Angiolini (via Nordstrom)


8 Comments:

At August 1, 2011 at 4:05 PM , Anonymous Jenn said...

I love Khols! That is such a pretty dress :) Cute outfit!

 
At August 1, 2011 at 5:27 PM , Anonymous juliebrookeneff said...

Hey! I have that dress too :) And I got it 80% clearance. I heart kohl's clearance and Vera Wang!!

 
At August 1, 2011 at 7:44 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

I love the print of your dress- perfect way to brighten up a rainy day! And such a good deal on the price too! :)

 
At August 1, 2011 at 8:47 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks, Jenn!

 
At August 1, 2011 at 8:48 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Woot! I love the 80% off. Obviously lots of people will have this mass marketed dress, but who cares when it's such a great price!

 
At August 1, 2011 at 8:49 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks! I'm loving this watercolor type print. JCrew has almost the same print on one of their dresses......but even on sale it's way more than $13!

 
At August 2, 2011 at 12:38 AM , Anonymous Terri said...

I like your neck party! There is a certain charm to the husband's photos--it highlights the dress, which is an excellent find!

 
At August 8, 2011 at 2:30 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks! I know the photos are all wrong, and it's such a faux-pas, but I couldn't help myself, lol!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home