Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Day 7: Cocktail Rings

Friday, October 7, 2011

Day 7: Cocktail Rings

Why are they called cocktail rings?  Here's my wiki-definition:

Any ring that draws a lot of attention to whichever hand is holding a cocktail.

I actually had no idea why they were called cocktail rings until a few years ago.  If you use your hands to help you talk, you should have extra fabulous cocktail rings; then again, maybe not (the ring(s) may or may not detract from the actual words coming out of your mouth.......)

Here is a quick snapshot of some of my favorite cocktail rings (I've been infatuated with rings since I was a young girl):


My favorite?  The Jade green one in the upper right hand corner.  Many, many Thanksgivings ago, my Uncle M showed me this really cool ring.  It had a hinged lid and the story was that it was a queen's ring and she used it to slip poisons and potions into her unwitting victim's drinks.  I think this one originally had perfume, not poison, but the hinged lid always reminds me of that story and I love it!  Not that I hope to poison anyone.......

Have you got at least one cocktail ring in your jewelry box?




 

4 Comments:

At October 7, 2011 at 8:30 PM , Anonymous Rachel said...

Oh wow. You have such an impressive collection!! I agree.. the jade green one is fantastic!! -Rachel (adistinctstyle.blogspot.com)

 
At October 9, 2011 at 6:52 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

I've been collecting them for years! Some are priceless, but most are from places like Forever21 and cost less than $5!

 
At July 30, 2012 at 6:01 AM , Anonymous Emerald Rings said...

Wish I’d found this blog earlier. Some really great posts.Very interesting. I hadn’t thought of some of these things before. Thanks.

 
At July 30, 2012 at 6:01 AM , Anonymous Emerald Rings said...

One of the best blogs I've read. Good work.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home