Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Ikat, Ukat, Ykat, Bang.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Ikat, Ukat, Ykat, Bang.

All along I've been pronouncing it as "eye-cat".  Oops.  After a little bit of googling, I've learned it's pronounced "ee-kot".  I learn something new every day (actually, I'd like to think I learn lots of new things every day.....) 



Top: JCrew
Belt: JCrew
Pants: JCrew
Shoes: Elle (via Kohls)

Sometimes I don't realize that I am wearing entire outfits from one store until I list them here.  I also never realized how I start changing my color palette before the seasons even change.  It's still hot (of course, compared to 100+ degree temperatures, this feels like spring) and there aren't any signs of fall, but I seem to gravitate towards fall colors more and more each passing day. 

I also decided it was time for the bangs to return.  Straight hair, bangs.......only in the cooler months for me.  Why?   Those bangs get dang hot in 94 degree weather! 


8 Comments:

At August 29, 2011 at 6:47 AM , Anonymous Fashion By Alicia said...

Love the look! I actually though it was pronounced eye-cat too. So you taught me something today.

 
At August 29, 2011 at 7:31 AM , Anonymous Styleonthecouch said...

Love the hair! I often find myself wearing head to toe Reiss without realising it :-) Lovely outfit, the heels are super chic!

www.styleonthecouch.com

 
At August 29, 2011 at 7:32 AM , Anonymous BiblioMOMia said...

Ah!!! Love ikat! And totally pronounced it wrong forever, until I bought curtains in the pattern and was telling everyone about them, and a ever-so-sophisticated friend corrected me. Whoops. Anyway, your shirt is gorgeous, and it will look lovely through fall!

 
At August 29, 2011 at 9:20 AM , Anonymous Erin said...

I aim to please.....I mean teach, lol!

 
At August 29, 2011 at 9:20 AM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks! I haven't worn it straight all summer, sometimes I do a double-take when I pass a mirror, lol!

 
At August 29, 2011 at 9:21 AM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thank goodness for friends who are willing to correct us rather than let us go on making fools out of ourselves, lol!

 
At August 30, 2011 at 10:47 PM , Anonymous Andrea said...

Hey, just stopped by from MMB. Love the outfit!

 
At September 1, 2011 at 7:38 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Hi, and welcome! Glad you love it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home