Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Polka Dots, Three Ways

Friday, August 26, 2011

Polka Dots, Three Ways

I found this skirt at Forever 21 and thought I just had to have it.  I wore it, styling it with a basic button-down and "mis-matching" it with a leopard print belt.  I thought I looked great.  Then I had my little sister take pictures and you know what?  I think I was in love with the idea of this outfit.  At least I didn't pay too much for the skirt ($15.80.)



Top: Kohls
Necklace: F21
Skirt: F21
Belt: Target (seen here)
Bracelet: Nordstrom
Shoes: Calvin Klein (via Nordstrom)

I know the chunky heel is back again this fall, but I will always, always, prefer the classic thin heel.  Always.  As for the tattoo?  There are times I wish it weren't there, there are times when I forget it's there, and there isn't enough regret in me to spend the money or endure the pain of having it removed, yet.  In other words, would I recommend that you get a tattoo?  Not really.  No. 


Sweater: F21 (I really thought it was going to be so much cuter than it really was!)
Shoes: H&M

This is where I realize the skirt doesn't pass the "sit"test. 



Top: F21
Belt: Target

That is how I do polka dots, three ways. 



14 Comments:

At August 26, 2011 at 7:17 AM , Anonymous Fashion By Alicia said...

Love the 3 looks.

 
At August 26, 2011 at 7:55 AM , Anonymous Mari said...

These are such cute looks! I really like the 2nd outfit even if it does not pass the "sit" test.

XOXO

-La Copine

=)

 
At August 26, 2011 at 9:39 AM , Anonymous BiblioMOMia said...

I love all 3! But I honestly think 1 is my favorite--I can't believe you're second-guessing it. The shoes are gorgeous, and it's such a simple, elegant, and fun look. That being said, I LOVE black/white/yellow, too! Just a total score--what a great skirt.

 
At August 26, 2011 at 11:23 AM , Anonymous No Guilt Fashion said...

Three great looks! Love the stripes and dots one the best. What a fun skirt.

 
At August 26, 2011 at 12:47 PM , Anonymous seltonandashlee said...

I love the first outfit! What is your tattoo of?

 
At August 26, 2011 at 1:15 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks!

 
At August 26, 2011 at 1:15 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks! Those darn tests.....I'm always failing them, lol!

 
At August 26, 2011 at 1:16 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks. I ALWAYS second-guess things. I think it has to do with my inability to make decisions (and stick with them.) Is that a female thing? Haha!

 
At August 26, 2011 at 1:16 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks. I was excited to do stripes and dots together.

 
At August 26, 2011 at 1:18 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

It's a gecko. Good luck and all that, right?

 
At August 26, 2011 at 10:50 PM , Anonymous A R Hawkins said...

Veeeeeeery Pretty!!!

www.fatandfierce.com

 
At August 28, 2011 at 10:40 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks!

 
At August 29, 2011 at 7:33 AM , Anonymous Styleonthecouch said...

Oo you know my favourite is the yellow because it is unique. The first look though, this is definitely something I would wear for work. Forever 21 do have some great buys if you can just find them.... and sadly I can never stay long enough in the uber busy stores to sort through, but I must!

www.styleonthecouch.com

 
At August 29, 2011 at 9:22 AM , Anonymous Erin said...

I have to mentally prepare myself to go into Forever21 (or go first thing on a Monday morning - that's when it seems the most clean and the least crowded!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home