Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Summer Isn't Over Just Yet

Monday, August 22, 2011

Summer Isn't Over Just Yet

It's still hot.  It's still humid.  And my children still want to play outside.  Their faces get red, maybe bright pink if we're lucky.  They are terribly thirsty, but once they throw back those few large gulps of water, they are off and running again.  I'm sitting there trying to enjoy the moment, hoping and praying I don't come home with any new bug bites (I swear my sons are immune to them,) and trying not to think about just how humid it is.  All this while trying to look pretty, polished, and perfect, lol!


Just kidding. 

Seriously, this is one of my normal boyMom Summer outfits.  It's not fancy.  It's only pretty because it has pink (and pearls.)  My toenails are polished (nail polished that is) and my children are having a perfectly good time.  That's a Triple P right there!  Haha!

Here are a few more slightly less, um, cheeky photos:




We do have fun.  Usually.  I can't wait for the weather to start cooling off though!!

Top: H&M (worn here)
Necklace:Vera Wang (via Kohls)
Shorts: Old Navy
Shoes: Kohls (worn here)


What did you wear most this summer?

4 Comments:

At August 22, 2011 at 2:35 PM , Anonymous BiblioMOMia said...

I bet you were the cutest mom at the playground!

I'm actually doing a post on my "lazy summer uniform" this week!...skirt, tee, hat. It never gets old...

 
At August 22, 2011 at 4:29 PM , Anonymous Tiffany said...

You're so cute! And I love that necklace!

 
At August 22, 2011 at 4:33 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks! I will be looking for your uniform post this week!

 
At August 22, 2011 at 4:34 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Aw, thanks! It isn't my most favorite necklace, but pearls AND pink? How could I resist?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home