Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Day 20: Boots

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 20: Boots

Got Boots?

Haha, just kidding.  But seriously, do you have a pair yet??




Fur Vest: Nordstrom
Top: F21
Belt: Target (I posted about it here)
Skirt: F21
Boots: c/o Wanted Shoes

I was so excited about these boots - until I tried them on.  I had no idea they were going to come so high up on my knee......I felt conspicuously like a pirate.  Of course, I happened to be wearing a pair of white denim shorts with a t-shirt when I first tried them on........

Now I love them.  I don't feel like a pirate.  Although after seeing these pictures, I may have been channeling my inner Viking, haha!  (Seriously, I cannot find the perfect fur vest!)  I feel like they just make me look.....like......a Viking warrior.  I'm not even kidding. How does Rachel Zoe do it?  What is the secret??  I feel like I have been studying how she (and many others) pull it off and the only thing I see is that they are super-duper petite people!!  It's either that or I just have a knack for choosing the worst. vests. ever!

Back to the boots.  Have you already picked out a new pair (or two) for this fall/winter?


 

10 Comments:

At October 20, 2011 at 9:24 PM , Anonymous heatherblum said...

Do rainboots count? I got some black & white polka dot rainboots for when I have to trudge across the muddy field by my house.

 
At October 21, 2011 at 9:40 AM , Anonymous April Giannosa said...

Those boots look like fun! (Non-pirate fun, that is!) I picked up a pair of ankle boots in tan from Gap...love them! Your fur vest is cute too...but I see what you mean. Maybe something shorter that hits at the waist? I've been thinking about one...but once you start looking for something it gets hard to find it!

 
At October 21, 2011 at 4:25 PM , Anonymous Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

In spite of what you think, you look cute in the vest. I love them, but I think I look like a big bear in them. I think the reason Rachel Zoe looks good in them is that she is about 90lbs soaking wet.
The boots are great.

 
At October 21, 2011 at 7:07 PM , Anonymous fashionforgiants said...

I actually really like your vest - I don't think you look bulky in it at all. I have the same problem with my vintage fur vest, but I wear it anyway. And those boots are great - not at all pirate-y.

Gracey
http://fashionforgiants.blogspot.com

 
At October 21, 2011 at 10:38 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

I suppose they do, Heather. And polka dots to boot, huh? Haha, I don't know what is with me and the puns tonight. I hope you wear them to dance in the rain. At least once.

 
At October 21, 2011 at 10:40 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

I've tried that (blog post coming soon, trust me.) I thought I had found the one vest that was proportionate to my body. Then I saw myself in the pictures.......and well, a photo never lies! Unless, of course, it's been photoshopped.

 
At October 21, 2011 at 10:40 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks. She is really tiny, isn't she?

 
At October 21, 2011 at 10:41 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

I have my stubborn days when I wear whatever I want to and I don't care what anyone thinks or the fact that these totally awesome skinny jeans make my thighs look like sausage casings, etc., etc., etc.

 
At November 2, 2011 at 4:30 PM , Anonymous iVeronique said...

I have a boatload of boots. (guess it's time to get back to bloggin')
I love the *Pirate* feel/look. I feel Powerful! Ahoy Mate!

 
At November 3, 2011 at 9:10 AM , Anonymous Erin said...

Forgive me for correcting you, but I think it might be Matey. Hahahahaha.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home