Pretty, Polished, Perfect.: Day 22, 23 & 24

Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 22, 23 & 24

Flats.  I'm talking about shoes, not my chest (regardless of what Olivier* thinks!)  They've been in style for more than a few years now (the shoes.)  The pairs (of shoes) that I can't live without:

Black: for channeling your inner Beatnik.


Someone said my posing was "tuuurrrrible", so I thought I would try something new.


 Simply because I don't want you to ever take me that seriously:


Shoes: Gap
Pants: Gap
Shirt: Express
Turtleneck: F21
Watch: Nordstrom
Bracelet: Chaps (via Kohls)

Color: It needs no explanation:


Pants: JCrew
Shoes: Banana Republic

Buff, Neutral, Nude (or whatever you want to call it):


Necklaces: F21 & Target
Shirt: JCrew
Pants: JCrew
Shoes: F21

You may or may not have noticed my penchant for pointed-toe flats.  I'm sorry to admit, but my legs are just too beefy for a delicate ballerina flat.  The point helps elongate my legs, rather than short and squat.  So whether the pointed-toe is "in" or not, that's what I'm sticking with!!

*As a client, I would make Olivier happy in that department.  Probably not the rest of my body......

Does anyone else think that a really great designer can (and will) make women of any size and shape look beautiful? 

8 Comments:

At October 25, 2011 at 4:01 AM , Anonymous Jess said...

Mmm those last pair of shoes are fantastic. I can't really walk in heels so flats are my friend!
(Found you on FBFF by the way!)

 
At October 25, 2011 at 6:22 AM , Anonymous Jenn said...

Oh how I love flats! That second pair is so great - what a wonderful color:)

 
At October 25, 2011 at 3:19 PM , Anonymous fashionforgiants said...

Olivier is insane, but he was amusingly so. And I love pointy-toe flats too. I have a few snub-nosed ones, but in general prefer the poiny.

And I LOVE your first outfit!

 
At October 25, 2011 at 4:06 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

I remember when flats weren't in style at all. Yes, I'm that old.

 
At October 25, 2011 at 4:06 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Thanks! They are by far my favorite flats. I don't know what I will do when they go to shoe heaven.....

 
At October 25, 2011 at 4:08 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

I don't know about amusing. Maybe in a "is he delusionally sane??? I don't often wear all black, so it's kind of fun when I do :)

 
At November 2, 2011 at 4:28 PM , Anonymous iVeronique said...

Me & Flats currently don't have a relationship. We just don't get along!

 
At November 3, 2011 at 9:10 AM , Anonymous Erin said...

What? How? Flats are a girls best friend (next to diamonds of course) or so I thought!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home