This post is exactly what the title implies it's going to be:
Sadly, I don't have a magic bag. Which is really disappointing because I could use one when I travel! Of course, I could also do with a magical flying umbrella......oh, wait! I have got one of those:
And you can have one too! I was at Target last night and this magical flying umbrella is now on clearance!!
Back to what's really in my bag:
Pretty small purse for a mom of three (one of which is still in diapers) you exclaim!? More on that later.......
1. Magic Wallet from JCrew - it's totally worn looking, but I love it too much to replace it.
2. HTC Evo. No, it's not 3d like The Mr.'s. It's still the next best thing to an iPhone (and only because of Instagram, the one app I don't want to live without, curse you Apple!!)
3. Burt's Bees Chapstick Original Beeswax Lip Balm - I've tried many lip balms, and this one beats them all!
4. Burt's Bees Cuticle Creme - smells like lemon grass. It works well and smells great! It's the easiest way to fake a manicure in 30 seconds!
5. Crest Glide floss (I get one of these travel size every six months from the dentist - perfect!)
6. Wrigley's Doublemint. 'Nuf said.
7. OPI's Avojuice lotion in Crisp Apple Juicie. No grease, smells delicious!
8. Loreal Lip Gloss in #578 Adoring (the cheap stuff works just as well as the expensive stuff!)
9. Keys - no explanation needed, right?
About the bag: This little patent beauty was one of those rare steals that I'm always envious of other people finding. I stopped into a Coach outlet, was offered an additional 20% off coupon as I walked in (this seems to be standard now - it happens every time!) and found this one lone wristlet in the clearance section. For $79.99. That's not really a steal. However, the clearance was an additional 50% off, and I could still use the 20% coupon.....for those of you who don't want to do the math, it came to $31.99. Sure, it's no thrift store $2.99, but I love these little wristlets (sadly, I have one in pink and one in red.) They are the perfect size to hold my wallet, phone and seven other essentials I refuse to leave home without. The wristlet is small enough that it fits in almost every single one of my purses (except, of course for other wristlets and clutches.) It fits in the glove compartment. It dangles from my wrist when I need to use both hands, and feet, and all ten toes, and sometimes elbows (sample sales.) The perfect wristlet in all its glory:
If you eat small children for breakfast, stop reading here.
That was a joke. I know you don't eat small children for breakfast. You eat them for dinner, duh! Seriously, if you don't like to talk mom stuff, stop reading here. I may or may not be mentioning poo.
Back to the "me being a mom" and all that jazz. (I did warn you.)
I do have a diaper bag. I made my own (that's right, I took matters into my own hands, which is why I am using this blog post as an opportunity to brag. It's okay to brag as long as you openly admit to it, right?) I tried to make it as manly as possible, because The Mr. also gets to carry this beauty around (thanks, Darling.)
What's in it, you wonder with crazed excitement??
That's right. Two diapers (has anyone else ever had their child go poop twice in one hour??) wipes and diaper rash cream. Anyone else notice my loyalty to Burt's Bees? What can I say, I love their products!
(Just another friendly reminder that I did
I almost forgot! This post is part of the FBFF
group and this week is being hosted by Marie-Eve